Well, where to begin.... I guess I can start with how I got into anime. A long, long time ago in a college far, far away (namely ) I was going about my life getting my degree in Accounting and dating a guy who happened to be into anime. Through him I learned to love anime as well, starting with Starblazers and Macross. Then a wondrous thing happened, some students decided to get together and form the . I happened to be at the very first meeting with my then boyfriend and volunteered to be the treasurer and stayed treasurer for three years. Through the club, my love for anime grew, and my love for anime has long outlived my love for the boyfriend that got me into anime. Right now I am located right outside of Boston and my love for anime continues to grow!!
My favorite anime is Sailor Moon and I have taken my fandom to extremes. My apartment is covered in Sailor Moon posters, toys, anime cels, and even a life-sized Sailor Moon mannequin from Germany. You can see what my tastes are from checking out my web page (shameless plug!!) . (My page is named after Miki from Marmalade Boy and Junkjungle which is where You worked (who me? HEE HEE). Marmalade Boy also happens to be another favorite of mine. Right now my main hobby involving anime is collecting animation cels (mainly from Sailor Moon). I also sell anime cels on my site (another really good reason to visit my site!!). I think anyone that wasn't into anime would think I was insane if they knew how much money I spent on anime-related stuff (which included a trip to Japan just to visit the holy land of anime!). But enough of this, now time for my picks!!!
- This is the best place to check up on what anime cel sites have updated (mine is on the More American sites page). It also has a bulletin board, which can get a bit catty at times, but is a good source for information.
- There are plenty of sites here that are not on Cels.org's update page but are really neat to look at!! This page is also updated frequently.
- Although most people on this site won't sell overseas it is always neat to check out all the cool stuff that is listed here!
- This site is great to check up on the anime convention scene!! I want to cry when I see all the great costumes that I don't have!!! I want to be able to make great costumes!! (Actually right now I should probably be working on my costume for Otakon!!)
- Otakon is such a great convention!!! I was Jigglypuff and Queen Beryl last year (you can see pictures on my website!)
Well I guess this ends my guest picks!! Now you know where I spend my time surfing!!!
Anipike not being responsible for Acts of God or the vaguaries of